Participating in the HERS Keep Abreast Walk as part of a team is way to further enhance your own experience, and to bring others into the circle of sharing the event. You can train with team members, hold joint fundraising events, and have a great time attending the event together.
Being part of a team guarantees that you’ll have friends focused on fundraising with you, partners on the trail with you during the walk, someone to cheer you on (and to be cheered on by you), as well as a group to celebrate with at the finish line.
By asking your friends and family to join your team, you also bring more fundraising power to the event, and help us provide even more services in our local community.
Our registration form has an area to complete if you are part of a team. Make sure that your team identifies a key contact person, so we can communicate with your group before the day of the event, if necessary.
Please be sure to complete one registration form for each participant! Even if you are walking as a team, we need a separate registration for each team member.
Ways to build your team:
- Ask friends to join you
- Build a team with your family
- Start a team in your neighborhood
- Invite co-workers to join you in a team representing your company
- Students: invite your classmates (and teachers!) to join you in creating a school team
Catch the Team Spirit!
- Select a creative team name and/or theme
- Decorate t-shirts, hats or other clothing with your team name, and wear them to the event
- Create a team sign or banner that we can display at the event
Hold fundraising events to gather more pledges
- Hold a car wash
- Hold a garage sale or bake sale
- Set up a table at a local event or in front of a store, health club, beauty salon or other business. Provide information about The HERS Foundation and the event, and how others can contribute (be sure to get permission first!).
- Host a party at your house, provide refreshments, music, games or other entertainment – hold a raffle or silent auction